Many natural resource specialties are in demand in other countries. Conservation, ecology, natural resources, forestry, are all important to the whole world. Gaining work expererience in a foreign country may enable you to breing fresh viewpoints and new techniques to the work back home.
You should do adequate research before accepting any overseas employment and definitely check things out if fees are involved. Please prepare yourself for an out-of-country job search. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it is.
* Are you a Jobseeker with a disability? Check out our new section for Equal Opportunity Employment!
SOURCES FOR INTERNATIONAL JOBS
- Peace Corp
- Make a difference in another country and take your knowledge to the world. Experts are needed from a variety of natural resource occupations.
- A Broader View
- A Broader View: perform volunteer work abroad in humanitarian programs on conservation and environmental projects. While these are not paid positions, and there are costs involved, you'll get important experience in many countries which support local organizations in low income communities.
- NRMjobs - Australia
- NRMjobs advertises jobs and other opportunities in the environment, water and natural resource management field in Australia and New Zealand. Nice, fast site!
- Australian Department of Parks and Wildlife
- Western Australia's 27 million hectares in parks and reserves is managed by the Department of Parks and Wildlife. Current Vacancies indicate applicants seeking a permanent position must have Australian Permanent Residency Status. Applicants seeking contract employment must meet standard requirements for working within Australia with current Work Visa.
- DevNetJobs provide extensive international job listings for environment, development and consulting jobs. It also has subsidiary sites for India and Geneva.
- Ecosustainable Hub
- Ecosustainable Hub in Australia, has web resources and tools on ecology, environment and sustainability. They have a nice group of Australian employment resources, plus it's a pretty interesting site to tour.
- Animaljobsdirect.Com is a UK site with information and advice about working with animals. Details of all types of jobs with animals worldwide.
- Forestry Commission - England and Scotland
- This government department is responsible for the protection and expansion of forests and woodlands in England and Scotland. Jobs, career opportunities and volunteer opportunities are posted.
- UK Immigration Guidance
- Looking for UK Immigration Guidance? This site has professional UK immigration advice. Note: FEES ARE INVOVLED.
- UK forestry vacancies and other Agriculture and Food jobs, including Food Science and Veterinary Science jobs.
- Evergreen Resources
- Evergreen Resources is an environmental recruitment company. Most jobs seem to relate to environmentalal assessment positions.
- Earth Works
- International in scope, this large site has grouped the vacancies by resource discipline.
- Canadian Association of Geographers
- Canadian listings in geography, GIS, and environmental sciences.
- Natural Resources Canada
- There are diverse employment opportunities and a range of career development programs.
- Public Service Commission (PSC) of Canada
- Employment opportunities in Canada with a mixed bag of jobs - some in resources work.
- Canadian Forestry Careers and Employment
- Good listing of current Canadian forestry positions. You can view the listings, but services are open only to Canadian citizens, landed immigrants in Canada, or to those would otherwise qualify to work in Canada.
- Job Network - Canada
- The Job Network is a partnership between several individual Canadian job websites. They provide a central location between these sites to the benefit of both the employer and job seeker, but the site is not specific for natural resources.
- GoodWork is a Canadian environmental job site, connecting environmentally friendly job seekers, organizations and companies.
- Jobs in Japan
- While this is not specifically a site for environmental jobs, it does give you a quick look into employment in Japan.
- Expat Network
- Expatnetwork is a leading UK organization for expatriots seeking work overseas. Expat provides up-to-date and relevant information, products and services (and jobs) specifically for their members. There is a lot of free information about different countries, but portions of the site have restricted access to non-members. Overall, it's a pretty useful website if you are thinking about overseas employment, no matter where your home nation is located.
- International Careers and Jobs
- Over 12000 reviewed job resources in 200 countries.
- Contact Expats
- Contact expats worldwide through their network for people choosing a new life in a foreign country. Check for the possibility of fees.
INTERNATIONAL VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- Peace Corps (USA)
- Life is calling, how far will you go? There is international needs for specialists in a variety of natural resource fields. If you are at a career crossroads the USA may pay you to take the road less travelled.
- GoEco presents you with a careful selection of excellent yet affordable volunteer and ecological minded vacations. This would be a means of learning about a country before committing to any long term job in a place far, far away.
* Volunteer for HELPING HANDS
...Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is pure,
whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable -
if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things..." (Philippians 4:8)
Page location: http://www.cyber-sierra.com/ copyright © Cyber-Sierra.Com