SUMMER JOBS AND INTERNSHIPS
Summer jobs, internships and volunteer positions can all lead to permanent employment. You also get a chance to find out if you like the lifestyle related to outdoor occupations. Many summer internships are advertised December through February and have short application times, so plan accordingly.
Summer Camps, Youth Conservation Corp, and other seasonal occupations are more 'year round' than they used to be. Keep in mind that 'seasonal' occupations will last less than a year at a time. This may work out well for those completing their education. Many folks enjoy working less than 12 months a year on a permanent basis and plan their life goals accordingly.
New announcements are frequently added. If needed, you can expand your search through the annotated links lists below.
MORE SOURCES FOR SUMMER JOBS
- Student Conservation Association
- The Student Conservation Association (SCA) provides high school students and college students alike with meaningful conservation service internships and volunteer opportunities in our National Parks, Forests and other public lands.
- Orion Grassroots Jobsource
- The Grassroots Jobsource lists hundreds of great jobs, internships, and AmeriCorps positions with members of the Orion Grassroots Network.
- AEOE Jobs
- This lists current job announcements for residential outdoor schools and other environmental education opportunities in California. Most of these are summer-seasonal but some may be fulltime.
- California Natural Resources Internship Directory
- The California Coastal Commission provices an extensive list of state agencies, local government, nonprofits and work groups that have internship opportunities. Each listing has extensive information.
- McHenry County Conservation District - IL
- Several internships each summer (as well as a few in the fall and spring months) that cover a broad spectrum in the conservation/environmental field, from natural resource management to environmental law, to field station internships, wildlife monitoring and management and more. Plus lots of volunteer opportunities.
- K-state Internships
- Links to jobs and internships suitable for students and relatively recent college grads, from Kansas State University.
- Summer Jobs
- SummerJobs.com offers summer jobs and seasonal staff positions with camps, resorts, national parks, hotels, environmental organizations and more. Check for fees. You may have to become a member.
- Seasonal Employment
- Serving seasonal employers and job hunters!
- White Mountain Research Station
- White Mountain Research Station in California offers summer Internship Programs for undergraduate students.
- USGS Northern Prairie Science Center
- Employment opportunities are under Announcements. Some summer jobs, too.
- Smithsonian Institute Career Center
- Smithsonian has volunteer, fellowship and internship opportunities.
- UC Davis Internship and Career Center
- Agricultural and Environmental Internships, and lots of helpful information.
- Use their search to find great summer jobs all over the world.
- As they say, Check out jobs in places others only dream about. This site has thousands of listings in national parks, recreational areas, and more. Most are seasonal, but hey - who knows what might work out.
- The Conservation Volunteers Program (CVP)
- Part of the Natural Resources Conservation Program at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver Canada. Many American students might also be interested in it, and they help students find good employers in their discipline.
- Work abroad, intergrate in local cultures, learn a language, learn new skills, make new friends.
- Cross Cultural
- Cross-Cultural Solutions is a not-for-profit international volunteer organization that operates volunteer programs in Brazil, China, Costa Rica, Ghana, Guatemala, India, Peru, Russia, Tanzania, and Thailand. Find out how to become an international volunteer.
- Job Doggy
- Online part-time job search for teens and students. With many additional resources such as resume tips, interview help and labor law information.
Thousands of job seekers visit visit Cyber-Sierra's Natural Resources Job Search every week looking for work specifically in natural resource and environmental occupations. Shouldn't they see your
JOB ANNOUNCEMENTS listed too?
ADVERTISE your conservation jobs today!
Check out our low fees and special employer benefits!
Add a link or missing Links? E-mail by typing:
mtnplanner followed by an @ (at sign) and then cyber-sierra.com
(Sorry for the bother, but I am swamped with spam and am using these tactics to block spam robots & spam spiders!)
Page location: http://www.cyber-sierra.com/nrjobs/
copyright © Cyber-Sierra.Com
Seek Grants At