SUMMER JOBS AND INTERNSHIPS
Summer jobs, internships and volunteer positions can all lead to permanent employment. You can find out if you like the lifestyle related to outdoor occupations with a seasonal job. Many summer internships are advertised December through February and have short application times, so plan accordingly.
Summer Camps, Youth Conservation Corp, wildland fire fighting and other seasonal occupations are more 'year round' than in past decades. Keep in mind that 'seasonal' occupations will generally last less than a year at a time. This may work out well for those completing their education. Many folks enjoy working less than 12 months a year on a permanent basis and plan their life goals accordingly.
Do not overlook the possibility of volunteering for resource agencies or local conservation districts and working on natural resources grant projects. Volunteering can help you build contacts with resource professionals, help your community, and open up future job prospects, too.
Summer and seasonal jobs also offers a foot in the door for people making career changes, people with disablilities, and older Americans. Equal opportunity employers are not always very equal in terms of hiring. Give yourself an edge through a summer job, an internship or volunteer opportunity in your career field.
New announcements are frequently added. If needed, you can expand your search through the annotated links lists below.
MORE SOURCES FOR SUMMER JOBS
- ACA Camp Jobs
- The American Camp Association, New York and New Jersey annually looks for qualified staff for over 350 Accredited summer camps throughout the Northeast. If you enjoy outdoor life, love working with children and want to experience a rewarding summer, submit your application.
- Backdoor Jobs
- If you have a spirit of adventure, and a passion for the outdoors, then take a look at the wide variety of jobs available.
- Xanterra Careers
- Xanterra Parks and Resorts provides career opportunities in all sorts of exotic locations.
- Camp Jobs
- Camp Jobs is a summer camp job employment recruitment resource.
- Great Camp Jobs
- If you are a college student a summer camp job provides practical, meaningful experience to build your resume.
- National Recreation and Parks Association
- The National Recreation and Park Association's Career Center is a good resource for park and recreation professionals.
- Student Conservation Association
- The Student Conservation Association (SCA) provides high school students and college students alike with meaningful conservation service internships and volunteer opportunities in our National Parks, Forests and other public lands.
- AEOE Jobs
- This lists current job announcements for residential outdoor schools and other environmental education opportunities in California. Most of these are summer-seasonal but some may be fulltime.
- Creeks To Coast Directory
- The California Coastal Commission provices an extensive list of state agencies, local government, nonprofits and work groups that have internship opportunities. Each listing has extensive information.
- McHenry County Conservation District - IL
- Several internships each summer (as well as a few in the fall and spring months) that cover a broad spectrum in the conservation/environmental field, from natural resource management to environmental law, to field station internships, wildlife monitoring and management and more. Plus lots of volunteer opportunities.
- National Parks Jobs for Students
- There are thousands of opportunities for high school, college, and graduate school students to work with the National Park Service.
Many of these jobs are filled at the park level - so contact the park that interests you - but others are advertised and recruited nationally by the National Park Service or in partnership with several national organizations.
- Summer Jobs
- SummerJobs.com offers summer jobs and seasonal staff positions with camps, resorts, national parks, hotels, environmental organizations and more. Check for fees. You may have to become a member.
- Seasonal Employment
- Serving seasonal employers and job hunters!
- White Mountain Research Station
- White Mountain Research Station in California offers summer Internship Programs for undergraduate students.
- USGS Northern Prairie Science Center
- Employment opportunities are under Announcements. Some summer jobs, too.
- Smithsonian Institute Career Center
- Smithsonian has volunteer, fellowship and internship opportunities.
- UC Davis Internship and Career Center
- Agricultural and Environmental Internships, and lots of helpful information.
- Use their search to find great summer jobs all over the world.
- As they say, Check out jobs in places others only dream about. This site has thousands of listings in national parks, recreational areas, and more. Most are seasonal, but hey - who knows what might work out.
- The Conservation Volunteers Program (CVP)
- Part of the Natural Resources Conservation Program at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver Canada. Many American students might also be interested in it, and they help students find good employers in their discipline.
- Work abroad, intergrate in local cultures, learn a language, learn new skills, make new friends.
- Cross Cultural Solutions
- Cross-Cultural Solutions is a not-for-profit international volunteer organization that operates volunteer programs in Brazil, China, Costa Rica, Ghana, Guatemala, India, Peru, Russia, Tanzania, and Thailand. Find out how to become an international volunteer.
- Online part-time job search for teens and students. With many additional resources such as resume tips, interview help and labor law information.
...Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is pure,
whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable -
if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things..." (Philippians 4:8)
Page location: http://www.cyber-sierra.com/ copyright © Cyber-Sierra.Com