JOBS IN AGRICULTURE
Jobs in agriculture aren't just on the farm anymore. If you care passionately about dirt, plants, bugs, invasive species, there are all sorts of great opportunities to meet the food and fiber needs of our nation (and the world, too.)
Today's farmers use a wide variety of computer applications to conduct daily business. The internet provides a finger-tip research library on all types of agriculture topics from livestock health to soil maps. The conservation responsibilities of the Farmer is continually expanding with the needs to protect clean drinking water, slow soil eroision, and integrate wildlife habitat with farmland operations. Agricultural biotechnology is a growing field.
New careers are developing in the fields of organic agriculture, from pesticide-free orchards to grass-fed beef and free-range chicken production. Traditional farming is attracting a new generation of back-to-the land folks. Agriculture involves both big corporations and family farms, and it is international in scope.
All sorts of local, state, and federal agriculture and resources agencies plus a huge number of nonprofit organizations interact with farmers and livestock producers. Good stewardship is big business, and this provides a wide range of employment opportunities. If you don't find a job in Newest Jobs, you can expand your career search through the annotated links below.
MORE SOURCES FOR JOBS IN AGRICULTURE
- Extensive job listings for careers in professional agriculture, food industries and biotechnologies.
- AgriSeek combines a worldwide news service with an interactive business directory and international online job market focusing on agriculture and related fields.
- NationJob Network
- Employment listings for careers in Agriculture, Biotech and Chemical industries.
- Elite Farmer
- Links and articles about farming and related subjects which includes Ag occupations and employment.
- American Science of Agronomy
- American Society of Agronomy Career Resources. Listings are from a variety of agronomy occupations.
- Crop Science Society of America
- Listings are from a variety of plant science occupations.
- Soil Science Society of America
- Listings are from a variety of soil science occupations.
- Weed Science
- Lists permanent, term, postdoctoral, graduate student, summer positions in weed science as well as job swaps and industry related positions.
- Enology and Viticulture
- It's a short list, but if you are interested in wine and viticulture occupations, check it out.
- Horticulture Jobs
- Interested in plant nurseries, ornamentals, urban and community park work? Lots of private sector opportunities!
- USDA's Agricultural Research Service has some job opportunities. Note these are government jobs. Most are for existing government employees, but some are career transitional and a few will come up for new persons. Study the available information to help determine the codes (for gov jobs through OPM), then switch over to the USAJobs doorway. There is also information for foreign applicants and non-citizens.
- WA State Conservation Commission
- Try a job with a conservation district in Washington State! Generally, these are agriculture-related, but can include watershed management or similar fields of expertise.
- Botanical Science of America
- Career and employment opportunities for Botanists, microbiologists, plant genetics, plus research positions in educational institutions.
- Plant Pathology Careers
- American Phytopathological Society maintains a career center with listings in both industry and education including agricultural science, plant pathology, biological science positions. You can even sign up to get notified of new job announcements!
- Jobs for Entomologists
- Professional entomologists positions, plus some other disciplines are shown. It's a short list and it is current.
- National Association of Conservation Districts no longer posts jobs, but volunteering for field work with a conservation district is a great way to get experience and vital contacts with natural resource employing agencies and companies. Find a district near you!
- ASABE Career Center
- American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers has employment listings and career resources for .... biological and agricultural engineering. There's a short list, so select the 'view all jobs' option.
- CREES National Job Bank
- Cooperative State Research Education and Extension Service has job vacancies for most states. Opportunities are varied, including working with youth and integrated pest management (no pun intended). These are very good jobs if you can get one. Plus CREES is a great source of technical assistance to landowners.
- University of California Agriculture
- Current Job vacancies are posted for agriculture and natural resources, predominately with Agricultural Cooperative Extension offices.
- American Agricultural Economics Association
- AAEA Career Central is dedicated to helping agricultural economics professionals, students and employers connect.
- Agriculture Technology Information Network posts many varieties of professional agriculture jobs, some public, some private, mostly located in California.
- Society for Range Management
- SRM promotes productive, sustainable rangelands, and has jobs listings for range work, field projects, university positions and more.
- Hansen Agri-Placement Service
- This is a commercial recruiter site showing a large number of agricultural jobs - dairy work, poultry, range, etc. Be sure to ask about any fees that may be involved, otherwise take a good look at the extensive variety of jobs. There is certainly a lot of opportunities out there for people with real-world ranching and farming experience.
- Interested in overseas agriculture? CNFA is dedicated to improving the lives of rural poor around the world. CNFA has numerous positions in agriculture beyond the borders of the United States.
* Check for NEWEST JOBS
Thousands of job seekers visit visit Cyber-Sierra's Natural Resources Job Search every week looking for work specifically in natural resource and environmental occupations. Shouldn't they see your
JOB ANNOUNCEMENTS listed too?
ADVERTISE your conservation jobs today!
Check out our low fees and special employer benefits!
Add a link or missing Links? E-mail by typing:
mtnplanner followed by an @ (at sign) and then cyber-sierra.com
(Sorry for the bother, but I am swamped with spam and am using these tactics to block spam robots & spam spiders!)
Page location: http://www.cyber-sierra.com/nrjobs/
copyright © Cyber-Sierra.Com
Seek Grants At