JOBS IN SCIENCE & EDUCATION
Natural resources and conservation projects involve many science positions. Science and research centers, both government backed and privately funded, need long-term professional staff as well as short term employees for specific projects. Environmental educators are in demand across the USA.
Science careers involve both field work in the outdoors and lots of indoor research and data compilation. Many of the jobs will be with colleges or government resource agencies. Be sure you understand the working conditions of the career. If you have a passion for science and love the great outdoors there will be lots of career opportunities in the coming years.
Solving drought problems, understanding soil depletion, predicting weather impacts, restoring vegetation-based storm mitigation are increasing areas of national and international concern. Outdoor education is a growing field, too.
* Are you a Jobseeker with a disability? Check out our new section for Equal Opportunity Employment!
SOURCES FOR JOBS IN SCIENCE & EDUCATION
- The Outdoor Professional's Job resource. Fulltiem, part-time and summer seasonal jobs listed.
- Focus is on jobs in urban planning, the environment, GIS, transport planning, economic development, geography education and other related fields.
- Tetra Tech is an international consulting and engineering firm. Many of the job openings are in science positions like geology, engineering, renewable energy and environmental professions.
- Ardaman & Associates
- Ardaman & Associates is always looking for qualified geotechnical personnel to join their team in Orlando or one of their branch offices located throughout Florida.
- Earth Works
- Geoscience, soil science, plant science - positions from around the world courtesy of Earthworks.
- Biology Jobs
- A targeted resource for job seekers and employers who are specifically interested in the Life Sciences. Biology job categories in our database include Agriculture, Anatomy / Physiology, Bioinformatics / Biotechnology, Botany, Cell Biology, Conservation, Ecology, Environmental Science, Genetics, Marine Science, Medicine, Natural Resources, Pharmacology, Toxicology, Veterinary Medicine, and Zoology.
- Engineering Jobs
- EngineeringJobs.net is a job board for engineers to find their next engineering job.
- New Scienctist Jobs
- With New Scientist Jobs you can search our database for hundreds of science jobs. Registration is free and you can upload your resume
- Science Careers
- Jobs and grants tools for scientists. Science Careers is published by the American Association for the Advancement of Science and Science Magazine.
- NatureJobs - Science
- Making science work is the motto of this joblist.
- Mining Careers
- If you are a miner at heart, and thrive underground, this is your spot. New mining jobs and employers looking for qualified candidates every day
- Geological Society of America
- GSA covers the ground for the geologically inclined.
- National Science Foundation
- Jobs list for science positions as well as some administrative vacancies.
- EE-Environmental Education Jobs
- More than teaching jobs, there are openings with all sorts of agencies and organizations.
- AEOE-Environmental Education Jobs
- Educators, naturalists, interns, will be interested in this listing of current job announcements for residential outdoor schools and other environmental education opportunities in California.
- Academic360.com is a meta-collection of Internet resources that have been gathered for the academic job hunter. It includes links to faculty, staff, and administrative announcements and is not restricted to teaching positions.
- Chronicle of Higher Education Career Network
- Extensive list of educational employment opportunities.
* Volunteer for HELPING HANDS
...Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is pure,
whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable -
if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things..." (Philippians 4:8)
Page location: http://www.cyber-sierra.com/ copyright © Cyber-Sierra.Com